Aviation Law & Aircraft Injury Claims
Aviation Legal Services: It’s Both a Passion for Flying and the Law
Jeffrey Lustick is a passionate pilot, aircraft owner, and an experienced aviation legal services attorney with nearly two decades of experience and knowledge. Together with his team, he serves aviators’ legal needs practically and efficiently.
Aircraft Damage, Injury and Wrongful Death Claims
If you or someone you know has been injured or killed in an accident or incident involving an aircraft, we can help. With Jeff’s years of litigation experience and his exceptional knowledge of aviation, he brings you formidable presence in pursuing you as much relief as possible in the case of an aviation-related wrongful death or personal injury case. As a skilled pilot, he can speak on your behalf with authority to both courts and insurance claims adjustors. He has a proven track record of high success in recovering for injuries and damages caused by pilots’ negligence. Some recent case examples that Jeffrey has handled include:
- Wrongful Death Claim: Jeffrey recently represented a family who lost three loved ones in a Cessna 182 crash on the Olympic Peninsula. The matter was skillfully settled in just 120 days without the need to go to a trial.
- Negligence Damage Claim: In a recent case, Jeff represented an aircraft owner whose private airplane was damaged on the ground when ramp personnel drove a fuel truck into the aircraft’s wingtip.
- Aircraft Passenger Injury Claims: Jeff also has experience in handling claims made on behalf of people who are injured while flying in airplanes, from private planes up to and including jet liners used by the airlines.
In Aviation Claims, You Will Pay No Fees Unless You Recover
When Jeffrey represents people who have been injured or killed in aviation accidents or when he represents people who have suffered damages due to an aviation incident, they pay no fees to the law firm for legal services unless Jeffrey recovers on their behalf. This is called a contingency fee, where the law firm’s fees are paid solely out of the proceeds of whatever is recovered.
FAA Violations & License Suspensions
If you have been accused of violating Federal Air Regulations by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), it is important to get an aviation lawyer on your side right away. Obtaining legal counsel at the beginning of any investigation can positively affect the outcome of your case. At Lustick, Kaiman & Madrone, we routinely:
- Assist pilots in preliminary investigations by the FAA or the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) into alleged violations for pilot deviations, airspace or TFR breaches, reckless operation, negligent operation, records violations, and maintenance violations.
- Advise pilots to properly file timely reports with the NASA Aviation Safety Reporting System directly following an aviation incident in order to obtain administrative or enforcement immunity from the FAA, when applicable.
- Protect pilots during investigations by the FAA and the NTSB after an incident, accident, or mishap which can lead to suspension or revocation, or to an order to complete retraining or a pilot reexamination (709 checkride).
- Defend pilots in enforcement actions or administrative action taken by the FAA which could lead to suspension or revocation of airman certificates and pilot licenses.
- Represent pilots in FAA Informal Conferences held by Regional Legal Counsel’s Office after conclusion of an FAA Investigation on a appeals of enforcement actions to the NTSB.
We Coach You When You Buy Your Dream Airplane
As a person who wants to buy your dream airplane, would it be nice to have a little help in your corner? Searching for and selecting a airplane to buy can be a time consuming and confusing process, but now it doesn’t have to be. With our process of coaching aircraft buyers, we take the trouble out of the process and provide you with the peace of mind ensure you are getting the plane you have always wanted and at the right price. Here is what our aircraft purchasing process involves:
- Talking to you to first determine what kind of airplane you really need and which features you want.
- Strategizing on how to locate the right airplane for you, and finding good prospect aircraft for purchase.
- Explaining the condition of prospect aircraft and educating you on what it will cost to own and operate an airplane.
- Assistance in formulating a value of aircraft on the market and creating an effective proposal for purchase.
- Reviewing aircraft logs, arranging for a worthwhile pre-buy inspection, obtaining additional information.
- Production or review of all purchase and sale documents, and the FAA Bill of Sale and Registration Forms.
- Support with selecting a ferry pilot to relocate your airplane to your home airport after the purchase is complete.
- Advice on insuring your newly purchased airplane and employment of useful industry contacts to get the best policy for you.
Aircraft Purchase and Sale Agreements
Navigating the legal documents required when buying or selling an aircraft can seem daunting, especially when transactions cross state or international borders. Lustick, Kaiman & Madrone has many years of experience successfully leading clients through a wide range of aviation legal matters, including producing and reviewing:
- Aircraft purchase and sales agreements; bills of sale; and contracts to transfer, trade, buy or sell aircraft;
- Filings with the FAA to transfer aircraft registration after a sale or trade;
- Aircraft rental and leaseback agreements; and
- Hangar and tie-down agreements.
AOPA Pilot Protection Plan
The Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association Pilot Protection Plan makes aviation legal services and representation both accessible and affordable. AOPA Pilot Protection Services safeguards your pilot and medical certificates with two plans available at $49 and $99 annually.
Attorney Jeffrey Lustick is an accredited member of the AOPA Pilot Protection Plan and has served on legal providers’ panel for over nine years. AOPA members who have enrolled in the plan before their particular issue arises, can access Jeffrey Lustick’s representation at no cost or at a reduced fee depending on the issue. To enroll in the legal plan, visit the AOPA website.
Your Place or Ours
We meet with clients at airports anywhere within Washington State and work with clients worldwide in person or remotely, using Skype, e-mail, telephone or FAX machine.
To contact Jeffrey Lustick for aviation legal services, call Lustick, Kaiman & Madrone at 360-685-4221, or reach us through the form below: