Mark A. Kaiman
Senior Managing Partner
Mark Kaiman is the Senior Managing Partner of Lustick, Kaiman & Madrone, PLLC in Bellingham, WA. His practice focuses on defending people accused of crimes in Municipal, State, Federal, and Military Courts. With broad legal experience and a diverse background, Mark also helps clients with civil litigation with matters such as contract claims, employment disputes, and civil rights litigation.
Mark Kaiman began his legal career as a Deputy Prosecuting Attorney in San Juan County, where he handled hundreds of felony and misdemeanor criminal cases in the District and Superior courts in Friday Harbor. He also served as a statutory Deputy County Coroner.
After leaving the County Prosecutor’s Office, Mark worked as an associate at the Law Offices of John O. Linde in Friday Harbor. Under the mentorship of the late Judge Linde, Mark expanded his practice to include general civil litigation along with criminal defense. Some of the cases handled by Mark included DUI, domestic violence assault, theft, and major felony offenses. Mark also successfully represented private parties in divorces and family law cases and construction defect claim cases.
Mark was appointed an Assistant City Prosecuting Attorney for the City of Bellingham in 2003. In this role, he prosecuted misdemeanor and gross misdemeanor such as DUI, domestic violence assault, and theft cases in the Bellingham Municipal Court. Additionally, he handled criminal appeals on behalf of the City in the Whatcom County Superior Court.
Mark occasionally sits as a Judge Pro Tempore in the Whatcom County District Court. In the past he has also been a visiting judge at the Blaine Municipal Court and the San Juan County District Court.
Mark Kaiman joined Lustick, Kaiman & Madrone in 2006, and became a partner in 2011. He became Senior Managing Partner in September of 2016. Today, he continues to fight for the rights of the accused. In his spare time, Mark is an award winning tennis player, foster parent, and an avid skier.
- Syracuse University, College of Law, Juris Doctor
- Washington State University, Bachelor of Arts
- Whatcom County Bar Association Past Presidents Committee, Chair (2016)
- Whatcom County Bar Association, Vice-President (2014), President (2015)
- LAW Advocates Board of Directors, Ex-Officio Member (2015)
- San Juan County Bar Association, Member (2004-Present)
- Avvo.com Rated “10” Superb (2008 to Present)
- Washington Super Lawyers Award (2015 & 2016)
- Washington Rising Star Award (2009)
Admitted to the Following Courts
- The Washington State Supreme Court
- The Washington State Court of Appeals
- All Superior, District, & Municipal Courts in Washington State
- Tribal Court of the Lummi Indian Nation
- United States Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington
- U.S. Navy and Marine Corps Court of Criminal Appeals
- U.S. Air Force Court of Criminal Appeals